Saturday, July 2, 2011

chocolate bouchons - or two bite brownies

Unless I totally messed up this recipe somehow, bouchons, are really just a fancy sounding name for two bite brownies. Really good two bite brownies. I hadn't made brownies in a really long time, and I kinda know why now... they disappear way to fast. Too fast even for me to apply the Canada day treatment to them. They got eaten before I could dip them and decorate them. Oh well.


I guess there is such a thing as a bouchon  pan, but I used a small and tall muffin pan I bought at Ikea on impulse a while back. And since these are so tiny, I think a mini muffin pan would work as well! I got 12 brownies by putting about 2 tbsp of the thick batter into each muffin well.

Chocolate Bouchons - Two Bite Brownies
recipe adapted from William Sonoma Kitchen via Teenie Cakes

5 tbsp unsalted butter
3 ounces dark chocolate, chopped

1/3 cup all purpose flour
3 tbsp cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt

2/3 cup sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven  to 350 degrees. Grease and flour your choice of mold.

In a microwave safe bowl, melt the 5 tbsp butter with the 3 ounces chopped chocolate. Until just melted. Let cool for about 10 minutes.

In a medium bowl, combine the 1/3 cup flour, 3 tbsp cocoa powder, 1/2 tsp baking powder and 1/8 tsp salt.

In another bowl, whisk the 2/3 cup sugar, 1 egg and 1 tsp vanilla until well combined. When the chocolate has cooled, whisk that in. Then add the flour mixture and stir until just combined.

Portion the dough into the 12 wells of the pan, about 2 tbsp per well. Bake for 18-22 minutes, until the tops of the brownies are shiny and a toothpick inserted in the middle comes up with only a few crumbs clinging to it.

Let cool in the pan for about 15 minutes, then turn out the pan onto a cooling rack to let the brownies cool completely right side up.


I over baked mine a bit, but they were still delicious! A shiny, chewy crust, with a moist and fudgy interior and a very chocolaty taste. Hard to stop eating them! Good thing it only makes 12!

1 comment:

I'd love to read what you think. Or just say hi! Happy to know someone is reading me :) sorry about the word verification... too much spam :(