Sunday, May 6, 2012

malted waffles

I really like making waffles. Much more than making pancakes. I find it simpler, and they are so much more impressive. So I leave the pancake flipping to my husband and haul out our massive waffle maker whenever it's my turn to make breakfast.


It's the second time I've made the malted waffles from the Baked Explorations book, and both times, they were  gobbled up in no time! I have to admit that I didn't divulge that they contained malted milk powder because my husband thinks that he hates malted anything...

I like that the recipe is really easy. No separating eggs, and whipping whites to lighten the batter... nope! Just  mixing the dry ingredients in a large bowl, the wet ingredients in another, then combining the two until the mixture just comes together! Easy!

We topped them as suggested, with chocolate chips and maple syrup! And then downed a big glass of milk!


For the recipe and to see how the other Baked Sunday Mornings bakers did, click on through to the blog!

11 comments:

  1. Yours are amazing! I love that you sprinkled chocolate chips on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was planning to make these for dinner last night, but it didn't work out so made them for breakfast this morning. I really prefer breakfast for dinner and loved it when I was a kid and my mom used to to that once it awhile. It was always such a special treat for us. Your waffles are such a lovely golden color. I'm glad your family loves these - even your husband. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh...these came out beautiful! Nice and golden. And I love the sprinkling of the chocolate chips with the syrup! It just brings everything together! We make waffles over pancakes most times too! Yours turned out great! : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yours turned out beautiful! Nice and golden brown! We make waffles more than pancakes anymore,too! You are right, easy and impressive! Love the sprinkling of chips with the syrup....just ties everything together so well! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry....didn't mean to write two....first entry came up as s 'service error'....so I didn't think it processed! Or....it's just that I like your waffles soooo much! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really wish I had topped my waffles with chocolate chips! I love the beautiful even golden color of your waffles, they look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. We liked this recipe so much we are making it again today. I would have never dreamed up putting malt powder, and in a large quantity, into a waffle batter...yours look perfect...I thought ours were too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We loved, these, too. Funny - my husband said I like malt better than he does, but he liked these!

    Thanks so much for hosting this group - I really love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. it's nice to switch up to waffles once and awhile...although i hate cleaning my waffle maker!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmm I feel like waffles again, yours look nice and crunchy, yum yum!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read what you think. Or just say hi! Happy to know someone is reading me :) sorry about the word verification... too much spam :(