Sunday, September 29, 2013

Brown Butter Snickerdoodles

Still hate to bake cookies. Made the dough on Sunday, thinking I would bring them to a potluck at lunch, but didn't read the line in the instruction that said to let them chill in the fridge for an hour. So I stashed the dough in the fridge and didn't manage to actually bake them until Thursday. And then, all of the sudden, the friggin cookies all disappeared.

Loved these! They baked up nice and thick, and are super chewy.


I only wish I had scooped them before putting them in the fridge. When I got the dough out to bake them, the dough was super hard and it was a huge pain to scoop the cookies and roll them into a ball. Always, always, scoop first, then chill.

For the recipe, and to see how the other bakers enjoyed these cookies, visit the Baked Sunday Mornings webpage.

10 comments:

  1. Love your pic!! I didn't chill mine for very long and they spread too much/got too crispy - should have read the recipe before getting started! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cookies look really yummy! I ate too many of these little buggers too! They are quite addicting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect photo! These really are addictive!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son loved having these in his lunchbox, and my Weight Watchers points tally loved that I wasn't super in love with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beauty cookie shot! These really are good cookies! I chilled my dough for about 2 hours and then scooped them and baked. I thought the first batch went a little flat (but not too flat), so I then scooped out the cookie dough and chilled the dough balls again. This did seem to help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was the first time I've scooped my cookies before chilling and I will NEVER go back! Your cookies are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved these too! Great tip on scooping before chilling, I will try that next time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cookies are gorgeous! Yes, that chewy texture is amazing. Despite the chilling setback, I'm glad you liked these. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look amazing! Great photo. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to read what you think. Or just say hi! Happy to know someone is reading me :) sorry about the word verification... too much spam :(